Oliver R. Brooks is a Partner at Morgan & Akins based in the Philadelphia office. He is also the Director of our National Products Liability Practice Group where he focuses on the defense of industrial and consumer products for clients in manufacturing sectors like motor vehicles, sporting equipment, medical devices and personal protective equipment.
Oliver has extensive experience taking and defending complex depositions from expert witnesses, corporate designers and fact witnesses. He presents continuing education seminars for attorneys combating inappropriate and abusive discovery and deposition practices.
He understands the importance of protecting trade secrets and confidential materials during the entire claims process, and works closely with clients to ensure their file is handed with the most care and discretion.
Oliver strives to stay focused on the ultimate goal: protecting a client’s interest. Rather than getting bogged down in the trappings of litigation, he focuses on their business beyond the case at hand. He prides himself on being transparent and direct when speaking to clients about the good, the bad and the unknown.
Oliver has served as lead trial counsel and taken multiple cases to verdict including participation in a trial team for a multi-week, multi-million dollar jury trial involving claims of design and testing defects in a passenger vehicle.
In addition to his litigation practice, Oliver has assisted clients in formulating and designing product warnings and instruction manuals and has counseled manufacturers on issues concerning federal reporting standards and requirements.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Presenter, “Case Study in Products Liability: 3rd Party Attachments and Acquired Products” – Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) Product Safety Seminar, 2018
- OSHA 10 Certified
- Duquesne University School of Law Pro Bono Program Certificate of Recognition
- Eagle Scout 1998, Order of the Arrow
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 2006
- B.A., University of Maryland, 2003
GET IN TOUCH