Michael Hammond has focused his practice in the areas of workers’ compensation, personal injury, premises liability and other matters associated with insurance defense. He has handled cases across Georgia, although his practice is based out of the firm’s Atlanta office. Mr. Hammond has worked on civil cases at the state and federal levels, including the Georgia Court of Appeals. He has handled workers’ compensation cases for self-insured employers, county governments and insurance carriers.
Michael is a frequent speaker on the topic of workers’ compensation at regional seminars for groups such as the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation, the American Society of Safety Engineers, SBWC Regional Education Seminar Series; Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE); and routinely provides seminars for human resource departments across the state. His expertise includes numerous legal areas including, personal injury, employment law, workers’ compensation, and premises liability. Michael also utilizes these skills by providing educational workers’ compensation seminars designed to assist his clients in employment related matters.
Prior to attending law school, Michael gave presentations throughout Georgia promoting the importance of higher education.
- Georgia Bar
- State Bar of Georgia, member
- Tort and Insurance Sections
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Workers’ Compensation Law Section, member
- Atlanta Claims Association, Former Workers’ Compensation Committee Chair
- Admitted to practice in the Northern District of Georgia, Georgia Court of Appeals
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2006
- B.S., University of Georgia, 2000
GET IN TOUCH