Laura Mayes is an attorney in the Morgan & Akins Philadelphia office. Her practice focuses on the defense of insurance companies and self-insured businesses in insurance law disputes.
Ms. Mayes is a member of the Pennsylvania, Louisiana (inactive), Maryland and the District of Columbia (inactive).
During her career, Ms. Mayes has handled products liability, asbestos, and toxic tort cases in Pennsylvania, Maryland and the District of Columbia on behalf of manufacturers and contractors. She also represented physicians, medical care providers and facilities in medical, nursing home, and professional malpractice cases in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Ms. Mayes also has litigated numerous insurance defense cases in state and federal courts in Louisiana on behalf of individuals, commercial carriers, businesses and national retailers involving personal injury, wrongful death, trucking and motor vehicle accidents, complex litigation, premises liability, products liability, general civil litigation, and construction defect claims.
- Louisiana State Bar
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association Themis Advocates Group
- Loyola University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2003
- York College of Pennsylvania, BA, Political Science, 1999
GET IN TOUCH