Scott Rybny is a Partner and Chair of Morgan & Akins’ Insurance Coverage and Extra-Contractual Liability Practice Group. He has devoted his entire legal career to representing insurance carriers, agents and third-party administrators before trial courts, appellate courts and arbitration panels in various high stakes litigations.
Scott’s practice focuses on matters involving various forms of commercial general liability, fiduciary liability, professional liability and commercial crimes policy. He has defended property insurers under farm and condominium coverages, as well as handled trade credit disputes, bad faith litigation, insurance fraud and arson.
Scott also represents contractors and construction companies in litigations involving New York’s Labor Law and falls from heights, as well as insureds in professional liability matters.
With 20 years of experience, Scott’s knowledge of the business of insurance gives him the unique ability to advise and counsel insurers on corporate and policy-related issues even before litigation arises. He has taken part in special investigations involving international banks and foreign companies, as well as property claims as a result of Superstorm Sandy.
Scott is a prolific author and speaker on emerging issues in the insurance industry, providing both in-house training and presentations at various organizations around the country.
When he isn’t in the office, Scott enjoys staying active. He was a nationally ranked triathlete who competed in the 2017 USA National Championships.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Former Co-Chair Bad Faith Committee, 2013-2015
- Former Co-Chair Insurance Coverage/Subrogation Committee, 2012-2013
- Former Co-Chair Young Lawyers Committee, 2012-2013
- J.D., Western New England College School of Law, 1999
- B.A., Gettysburg College, 1996
GET IN TOUCH