FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (March 28, 2017) – CLM is pleased to announce Mrs. Patricia Baxter will be speaking on “Risk Management: Balancing The Interests Of The Insured And Insurer When Business Concerns And Litigation Exit Strategies Are At Odds”. This conference will be held on March 29-31 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, TN.
Patricia J. Baxter is the Managing Partner of the Philadelphia Office of Morgan & Akins, PLLC. Ms. Baxter’s practice is concentrated in the areas of 1) products liability (representing manufacturers and distributors of various powered industrial machinery/equipment; industrial/commercial equipment; medical devices; food service products; cosmetic products; automotive OEM and aftermarket component parts; elevators; plumbing, electrical and lighting fixtures; and recreational equipment and related component parts), and 2) premises liability (representing large commercial landowners and facility management companies with high self-insured retentions). Additionally, her practice also includes property/fire, construction, trucking/automobile liability, aviation, professional liability, insurance coverage (first and third party), medical malpractice, and transportation.
Honors and Professional Activities
- 2010 Pro Bono Publico Award for Civil Litigation
- 2014 Speaker, CLM Annual Conference, Walking the Line: Ethical and Practical Considerations in Deciding When and How to Split the Claims and Coverage Files
- 2015 Speaker, Updates/Developments in Product Liability: August 2015 Update
- 2016 Sweeping Developments in Product Liability Insurance: January 2016 Update
- 2016 Speaker, CLM Annual Conference, Product Liability: Tender Issues in Today’s Global Economy
- Product Defect And Inadequate Warning Claims: We’ve Got A Jury For That (January 25, 2017)
- Defending Product Liability Cases: The Best Defense Remains a Good Offense (March 15, 2015)
- No Product Liability Expert? No Problem (January 6, 2015)
- Preparing Litigation Budgets in the New Product Liability/Tincher Era (January 21, 2015)
- Pennsylvania’s New Product Law Applied Retroactively (February 20, 2015)
- Who Needs Fraud? A Negligent Misrepresentation that a Product’s Design Met ANSI Standards Fuels $5M Punitive Damages Award (Oct 13, 2015)
- Effectively Employing the “Assumption of the Risk” Doctrine in Product Liability Cases: Proving Plaintiff’s Appreciation of All Potential Pitfalls (Oct 6, 2015)
- Downstream Distributor in Product Liability Action Entitled to Indemnification from Manufacturer, Even Absent a Finding of Defect (Sep 25, 2015)
About the CLM:
The CLM is the largest professional association in the insurance industry with a membership of more than 35,000 professionals in the claims resolution and litigation management industries. Founded in 2007, the CLM membership benefits from our networking events, continuing education programs, and a wide variety of industry resources. To learn more about CLM, please visit www.theclm.org.
Susan Wisbey-Smith, Chief Communications Officer